Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tommy V

I was actually a little afraid of this WOD the first time I saw it. I immediately thought, "the sub for rope climb is 15 towel pullups. If the WOD starts with 12 ascents, that is a hell of a lot of towel pullups. However, thanks to the brand x forum, it looks like a sufficient sub was 5 towel pull ups with 5 knee to elbows (if you would use your legs during the rope climbs). I obviously do not have a rope at my globo, and I have only ascended a rope once with no legs. Banking on those two factors, I decided the 5 and 5 would be a good sub. However, I did not take a towel to the gym, so I decided that neutral grip pull ups with a neutral grip lat pull down triangle draped over the pull up bar would be sufficient. So, the Workout:

Tommy V: Porch Scaling
For time:
115 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 9 ascents (or 5 neutral grip pullups/5 kte's)
115 pound Thruster, 12 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 6 ascents
115 pound Thruster, 9 reps
15 ft Rope Climb, 3 ascents

Time: 17:15

The time felt really slow. The pull ups took me forever as I kept dropping from the neutral grip to reposition to do the kte's. But, that time does not seem to far off, so I will take it. Nothing like over coming a fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment