Monday, October 19, 2009

Ghosts

I have developed this odd attraction to horror movies and ghost shows this Halloween season. I don't know if I am gaining a new interest in my life, or if I have developed an adrenaline addiction thanks to Crossfitting. Along with this new attraction comes watching hours of those Ghost shows when I have time to watch TV at night and on the weekends. You know the ones I am talking about, Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventure, etc. However, I am not convinced at the existence of the paranormal. The most the tv shows offer are quick videos of supposed shadows, sounds that sound like wind, or their personal experiences. All of this is debunked by the psychological theory of Confirmation Bias. So, I have developed two questions.

1. If the different places are so haunted, and people experience the haunting all the time, why don't those people carry video recorders with them to get solid evidence?

2. If ghosts are real, and they are haunting shit, why do they hide? If I were a ghost, and someone was trying to provoke me, I would do everything I could to scare the piss out of them. Why would I hide in the shadows and bore myself by closing doors or rocking a chair?

The problem is, all "evidence" comes from someone's perceptions and no one can verify that kind of evidence. That shit would never hold up in a courtroom. Well, actually, some dumbass judge would allow it. For now, I continue my belief that ghosts are not real. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment