Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Single Deadlifts

It was another day of single deadlifts today. This is one WOD that I always use to evaluate my progress with Crossfit. Before coming to the light, I struggled to deadlift 185lbs. ten time. However, a year later, my weight has skyrocketed in my opinion. I need to concentrate on pulling more with my hams and not at all with my back, but as my weight increases, I become more confident in my form. My last PR, in September, was 335. The Workout:

Deadlift:
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

weight: 305, 315, 320, 325, 330, 335, 340 (PR)

I struggled with 330 and 335, and felt my form starting to suffer. I chalked it up to Tommy V yesterday and the lunges on Monday. However, I stepped up to the bar at 340, took a deep breath, and pulled with everything. Feels good to PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment