Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rest Day

Took another rest day today. It was much needed after a tough week and the WOD from yesterday. I am pretty sore from pistols. I officially hate them.

I was 1/2 active today, if you can say that. I went over to the barn this morning to hang out with the local hunter pace. I had a little port, a cookie, and shot the bull with some local yuppies. I still don't understand the concept of the Hunt. I can see the sport of riding horses with hounds looking for actual foxes. However, with the no kill hunts, someone sets the catch, and people just get all dressed up to ride around for hours looking for a preset ending. Kind of takes the mystery out of it. Also, members pay like $2000 a year just to ride around like this. I can go out on a horse and ride around all day for free. Maybe I don't love horses enough, who knows.

Then I watched Rugby on Spike. Wow, do I love Rugby. I fell in love with the sport when I was in London a few years ago. I hate the sports stations in this country for not showing rugby. Maybe some day. For now, I am stuck watching boring American Football just waiting for the day when Rugby makes it debut and Americans learn when real sports are.

Other than that, I watched bad horror movies on Syfy this afternoon, did some things around the house, and made dinner. Now, it's steeler time . . . if only it were rugby time again. Oh well, dumb country.

No comments:

Post a Comment