Thursday, October 29, 2009

Michael

Michael is a surprising tough WOD. I am always surprised how much back extensions mixed with running really wrecks me. Also, there is nothing worse than the pain from a working lower back. Ouch. And it lingers. My abs get sore, my legs get sore, my lats get sore, and after my workout, the pain tends to go away. Not my lower back. And after doing single deadlifts yesterday, I think it was a little fatigued (not that I am pulling with my low back during deadlifts). The Workout:

Michael (Pack Scaling)
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
35 Back Extensions
35 Sit-ups

Time: 18:46

I debated doing this one as RX'ed, but I am glad I did not. It would have taken me quite a bit longer. I made it through my back ext. and sit-ups with little rest. But, sit-ups just take me forever. I think it is the move. I just can't move it any faster. I try to pull extra hard with my abs, engage the arm swing, and it is still slow. Maybe I need to try a leg anchor.

Anyway, topping off the week with Nate tomorrow morning. I am excited for the MU. Hopefully, my hands stop hurting from Tommy V.

No comments:

Post a Comment