Saturday, November 28, 2009

Linda

I was still riding the high of the WVU win over Pitt this morning when I headed to the Globo. Last time I did Linda, I attempted it RX'ed and really sucked. It took me over 30 min. to complete. This also happened to be the first time my gf approached me about my ego and how it was affecting smart workout decisions. Since then, I have become a huge advocate of scaling, and today showed its benefit. The Workout:

"Linda"

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:

Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight (Body weight)
Bench press: body weight (3/4 body weight)
Clean: 3/4 body weight (.5 + body weight)

Set up three bars and storm through for time.


Time: 12:44

I worked with 175 lbs, 135 lbs, and 95 lbs, respectively. It felt really good to work so hard and have a great time difference. I know that I was bound to get a lower time after lowering my weight so much, but now I have a baseline "good" time to set as a goal next time when I increase my weight a little.


Also, here is a great blog I follow with some really great videos recently posted. You should head over there and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment