Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Family Court Fun

I represented my first Stripped yesterday. A true milestone for any rising defense attorney. However, it was not in criminal court. My client was arrested for failing to appear at a child support hearing. Well, I marched down to family court, met the client (actually a pretty cute girl), and after turning her in to the authorities, headed down to the holding cells to make sure she was ok and talk with her more about the case. While there, the officers served lunch. Ouch, that sucks. Chalk that up as another reason to avoid crime. Two pieces of white bread, slice of american cheese, slice of bologna (or something that looked like it), a pint of orange juice, and two oreos. Not exactly Zone approved. I understand that the county cannot afford to feed the masses in prison, but come one, what about a little baggie of carrots, small bottle of water?

Needless to say, I felt a little guilty when I headed back up to the nice cafeteria to eat my pear, five blocks of cold cuts on whole wheat, and pumpkin seeds. Then I got the case dismissed. GO ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment