Sunday, January 10, 2010

Food as a Drug

While I was preparing to binge on Indian Food last night (Holy shit I love Indian food), I was reading through the menu. The menu was set up like a book with a ton of options and little blurbs about India and its food. One blurb was about how the Indian culture looks at food as not only as necessary to sustain life, but as a drug or medicine. It talked about how the Indian culture uses different spices for medicinal purposes. I could not help but think about how Dr. Spears promotes this in the Zone, how much of a foreign idea it is to so many people, yet how the idea and practice has been around forever.

I, unfortunately, think I have taken this too far as I now think that I can cure anything with food. We will see how my theory holds up in the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment