Wednesday, December 2, 2009

15, 12, 9 one-arm thrusters/one-arm Pull-ups

When I saw this WOD, I had no idea what to think. The thrusters did not bother me, but I had no idea what to think of the pull-ups. Then when I saw that HG amended the WOD to include 60 lbs being used for the pull-ups, and I started to get scared. The Workout:

Using a single 60lb dumbbell for both thrusters and pull-ups, 3 rounds, 15-12-9 reps of:
Thrusters right arm
Thrusters left arm
"One-hand" pull-up right arm (left hand grabs the right wrist)
"One-hand" pull-up left arm (right hand grabs the left wrist)

Time: 11:20

I scaled the weight to 45 lbs as I would scale regular Fran to 65 lbs. I did body weight pull-ups. When I started the pull-ups, I was not getting a full ROM, but once I became comfortable holding my wrists and got into a rhythm, that ROM came a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment