Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Try not to get injured.

Work was a little boring today. The morning went by quickly as I had a lot of different things to do. However, my boss went to court again and left me behind. How naive of my to think that when I interviewed for the position and he agreed not to stick me in an office all day everyday that he would actually invite me along to get exposure. Oh well.

One thing I did today was to go through a Worker's Comp case to see what medical bills were still outstanding. I did not take the time to review the facts of the case because I really don't care, but from what I gathered, the client worked at an autobody shop, suffered some kind of injury, and is not wanting Workers Comp (no doubt so he does not have to work ever again). Anyway, he has accumulated an ass load of medical bills. I am talking a 2.5 inch folder full of bills. One doctor charged him $80,000.00 for some neurological exam. What the F costs $80,000? No wonder Workers Comp does not want to pay. The moral of this story, as if it is not obvious, don't get injured. It costs way too much to get medical attention these days, the insurance you purchased never wants to pay, Workers Comp (designed to help those injured at work) won't pay, and you get stuck with so much debt that no human can possibly pay it while you are still injured and unable to make a living to pay for the bills.

I am leaving now to drive home. It's off to the gym later. I will post more if anything interesting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment