Monday, July 19, 2010

Amanda

I have suffered a severe loss of time recently which has prevented me from posting my times. Also, I have spent the majority of my free time updating my legal website, http://mbeckerlaw.com, which still requires a lot of work and changes.

My most important update is that I received my level 1 Certification recently. Hopefully, I will be find a nice balance of using my Certification to train, while also maintaining my legal practice. Who knows what the future will bring.

Anyway, the Games were last weekend, and amazing to watch. The first individual event on Friday was dedicated to Amanda Miller, a past Games competitor who was overcome with cancer this past year and died as a very young age. The mainsite, in tribute, posted the WOD for us all on Saturday. The workout:

"Amanda"

Three rounds, 9-7- and 5 reps, for time of:
Muscle-up
135 pound Squat snatch (Porch scaling: 115 lbs)

Time: 7:05 (Porch)

The snatches felt amazing, which I attribute to the instruction from the Certification course. I could have done 135 lbs, but never finished with a good time. My goal was to beat Camille Leblanc - Bazanette, a Canadian competitor at the Games. She finished in 7:02 at 95 lbs. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment